Advising & Career Development
A Liberal Arts education from Mount Mary prepares students for roles that involve leadership skills, critical and creative thinking, teamwork and communication. Advising & Career Development will help students make the connection between her skills, interests, values, major and career options. We prepare students professionally, with the ultimate goal of securing meaningful employment and positions of influence and impact.
We intentionally blend advising and career development to support students in connecting academic and career goals for life-long success. Through a holistic, student-centered approach, students are empowered to transform the world utilizing their knowledge and gifts.
As a current Mount Mary student, you will receive free career services plus up to 1 year after graduation!
For Students: Academic Advising
- Support and advocacy to ensure sense of belonging and success in and out of the classroom
- Connections to faculty, staff, other students and resources on campus
- Major, minor and certificate information
- Academic planning, course selection and registration guidance
- Undeclared student advising
For Students: Career Counseling & Professional Development Services
Schedule an appointment today with one of our Career Counselors! Jena Mahne: email@example.com & Kirsten Wright: firstname.lastname@example.orgCurrent Resources:
Explore Majors: Are you unsure what major you want to study? Nearly half of new university students are undecided about their educational and career futures. Whether you are deciding between two majors or are completely uncertain which program area you would like to pursue, Mount Mary can help you select a major that is right for you. Click on the links below to get started on exploring majors!
Explore Careers: Are you unsure about the characteristics and details of different jobs? Titles, outlook, salary, skills needed beyond the classroom? The links below have the comprehensive information you are looking for. Click today and get a head start on your career planning!
Plan Your Career: Through the ACD (Advising & Career Development) office, you can participate in self-assessment and career exploration exercises, learn how to translate your major into a career and make a plan to achieve your academic and career goals.
- Become a proactive networker
- Learn how to complete a comprehensive job search.
- Write an effective resume and cover letter
- Build skills to ace the interview
- Confidently negotiate salary
For Employers: Post Jobs, Internships and Volunteer Opportunities Online
Mount Mary invites employers to share opportunities with our students and alumnae on our exclusive job board. Create an account or login to post.
- Create a New Employer account
- Select the subscription that meets your needs
- After you’ve created your account, you’ll want to navigate to the My Schools page.
- On that page, scroll down to the Request A School Connection (With A Code) Section.
- Our school code is: MTMAR555
For Employers: Visit campusSchedule a time to visit our campus to recruit Mount Mary students!
Review our Visiting Employer Policy
Complete a Visiting Employer Reservation Form and return to Carol Julin: email@example.com
Contact the Advising & Career Development OfficeFor Advising: For Career Development:
Carol Julin Jena Mahne
Administrative Assistant Career Counselor
Director of Advising & Career Development Career Counselor
Monday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Student Success Center on first floor of Haggerty LibraryMailing address:
Advising & Career Development
Mount Mary University
2900 N. Menomonee River Parkway
Milwaukee, WI 53222