Enroll in summer courses at Mount Mary
Taking summer classes is a great way to get a head start on completing your degree or to continue your progress towards earning your degree as quickly as possible.
In the summer, you’ll experience the same personal attention from faculty, rigorous
academics and beautiful campus as during other times of the year. Summer classes occur
in sessions lasting from six to eight weeks and meet more frequently than regular
Undergraduate and graduate courses are offered in the summer. Course Search
Classes to meet your core requirements
Make the most of your time and earn your degree faster by taking classes over summer. These classes meet core requirements for majors:
- COM 104 - Public Speaking
- ART 115 - Art Appreciation
- ENG 120 - Composition II
- MATH 105 - Introductory Algebra
- PSY 214 - Developmental Psychology
- and more...
Go online during summer
Go enjoy the summer days! These classes are offered entirely online, so you can finish your work on your schedule - maybe on a beach.
- ENG 285 Literature, Pop Culture: special topics in "Netflix and Chill"
- INT 120 - Interior Design, Contemporary issues in design
- Introductory Sociology
- HIS 153 - US History II, Early American republic
- and more...
Future Students: Apply to Begin Classes in Summer
Degree-seeking students: If you want to attend Mount Mary for the first time this
summer and wish to pursue a degree on a full-time or part-time basis, you should apply for admission online. (Note: Each graduate program has different application requirements. Check the graduate program web page for more details.)
Non-degree seeking students: Mount Mary summer session courses are open to all qualified students. If you wish to take summer session courses for enrichment or you are a degree candidate at another college, you may enroll as a special student.
- If you previously have taken Mount Mary class (the immediate semester prior), you can register online via the MyMountMary portal.
- If you have not taken any Mount Mary classes before (or if there has been a break since your last course enrollment at Mount Mary), you should complete an online Special Student application. When the application is processed, you will receive an ID number and directions to create a unique password via email. You may then register online for courses via the MyMountMary portal. (Note: Admission to the summer session does not constitute admission to a degree program or permission to register for fall or spring classes.)
High school students: Qualified high school juniors and seniors may enroll in 100- and 200-level courses
for credit with approval of the academic department. You should complete an online Special Student application and submit a recommendation from your high school principal or guidance counselor.
Teachers: Because Mount Mary is approved by the Wisconsin State Department of Public Instruction for Teachers’ Certification, all Mount Mary courses are approved for WDPI re-licensure. However, it remains the responsibility of the individual teacher to show specific subject-area applicability. For example, art credits may not be accepted for a physical education teacher. Contact a graduate admission counselor for questions.
Current Students: Register for Summer Classes
To enroll in summer courses, visit MyMountMary to see a list of courses offered and then register as normal for the courses.
A normal summer session credit load is approximately one credit per week of formal coursework, with a maximum of 8 credits within the six-week session. For undergraduate students, permission of the Dean for Academic Affairs is required for credit overloads. For graduate students, permission of the Dean for Graduate Education is required for credit overloads.
We encourage you to consult with your adviser regarding summer course selection. It is your responsibility to register for classes by the appropriate registration deadlines.
Financial Aid for Summer Courses
To receive financial aid for summer session classes, you must
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 undergraduate credits or 3 graduate credits.
- Complete complete the FAFSA and any required documents before your summer school classes begin.
- Submit the Summer Session Request for Financial Aid after you register for summer classes. (Note: On MyMountMary, under the Finances Tab, go to MyFinancialAid. You must have a 2014-15 financial aid record already established at Mount Mary in order to use this system. You may initiate the process by completing the FAFSA and entering the Mount Mary school code 003869 so that Mount Mary will automatically receive a copy of your FAFSA.)
No summer school financial aid will be awarded after your summer session classes have
ended. Funds disbursed for summer may impact your fall/spring aid.
Contact the Financial Aid Office with any questions regarding summer session financial aid.