Earn your graduate degree in Counseling
Create the next step in your career with a Master of Science in Professional Counseling degree from Mount Mary University. You can choose to pursue one of three counseling concentrations: clinical mental health counseling (CACREP accredited), clinical rehabilitation counseling and school counseling.
Mount Mary’s coed professional counseling graduate program participates in the National Board for Certified Counselors’ national certification program, the Graduate Student Administration – National Counselor Certification Examination (GSA-NCC Exam). The NCC credential is the only master’s level, professional counselor certification you can apply for while enrolled in college. Professional counseling students enrolled at Mount Mary attend one of only five Wisconsin institutions whose students are eligible to earn the NCC credential through this program.
In 2016, the M.S. in Professional Counseling Program was officially awarded the North Central Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (NCACES) Innovative Counselor Education Program Award: To honor an outstanding, innovative, and/or unique professional counseling or counselor education program at an institution in the NCACES Region.
Argosy University Student Admissions
Mount Mary University in Milwaukee, WI would like to open our doors to students affected by the recent closing of Argosy University. At Mount Mary University we have a CACREP accredited Masters Clinical Mental Health program. We are willing to work with students on transfers and teach-out plans. Contact an admissions counselor to learn more.
Mount Mary’s Master of Science in Professional Counseling features:
- Courses that prepare you to become a Licensed Professional Counselor, Substance Abuse Counselor, licensed school counselor, or to receive a certificate in trauma counseling
- Flexible class schedules with full-time and part-time study options
- Knowledgeable instructors who are actively engaged in the counseling profession
- Opportunities for employment at hospitals, nursing homes, family service organizations, hospices, schools, prisons, shelters, mental health clinics, substance abuse facilities and other clinical settings
- Small class sizes that make interaction with fellow classmates and faculty easier
- CACREP accreditation for the concentration in Clinical Mental Health
If you already hold a master’s degree in counseling, consider our post-master’s certificate in counseling program.